Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How to Get All your Data from Google products

I am a big Google fan and if I have to make a list of All the Google products I use then it'll be pretty big.I love google because I do not have to carry the data always with me and I can access my data anywhere.

But if One day I have to get all the data ( photos,videos,Contacts,Bookmarks etc) out of Google products ,can I get them?Google certainly believes that I should be able to export any data that I create in(or import into) a product.That is called product liberation.

According to Google:
What does product liberation look like? Said simply, a liberated product is one which has built-in features that make it easy (and free) to remove your data from the product in the event that you'd like to take it elsewhere.

With this in mind Google recently launched DataLiberation Front.Different google products support Data Liberation at different levels and the site http://www.dataliberation.org/ holds the data liberation information for all the Google Products.

The blog post from google says:
We've already liberated over half of all Google products, from our popular blogging platform Blogger, to our email service Gmail, and Google developer tools including App Engine. In the upcoming months, we also plan to liberate Google Sites and Google Docs (batch-export).

In my opinion this is a very good gesture from google and others should also provide easier ways to export data free of cost.

About This Blog

This Blog is all about Technology , Web 2.0 ,WebApps.You can also contact the author for advertising on this blog.All the material presented here is the property of author and its reproduction in any form is strictly prohibited.

Contact Us

If you have any suggestions ,queries or comments and want to reach out to me ,then you can reach me here.